Tuesday 13 July 2010

Aromas Huddersfield


Aromas is a little cafe next to the Lawrence Batley Theatre on Queens Street Huddersfield. It serves a selection of coffees and loose leaf teas alongside simple cafe fare such as bagels, freshly made Panini’s and sandwiches and jacket potatoes. The cafe itself is light and airy with a combination of standard wooden tables and chairs alongside very comfy sofas, in the summer the courtyard of the theatre next door is shared with the cafe allowing customers to eat outside or enjoy one of their very nice fresh fruit smoothies.
On my recent visit I visited with a friend of mine for coffee and a light snack, he ordered a Cajun Chicken Panini and I ordered a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. We ordered coffees alongside. The coffee supplier to Aromas is the local Coopers Coffee, which in my opinion is one of the best around. My large latte was delicious, smooth, at the right temperature and a perfect balance between the strength of the coffee and the amount of milk. My friend decided to sample one of their small individual French press coffees, a java blend from Coopers, which he described as ‘Glorious’. Each coffee came with a little mint which adds a nice touch which you don’t find in chain coffee stores. The service was friendly and fairly speedy, my bagel was filled with plenty of smoked salmon and was nicely toasted. The Panini was also stuffed with plenty of filling and came with a side salad. The bill came to around £10 for the two of us, excellent value and some of the best coffee in Huddersfield.

3 comments:

  1. I've heard of Coopers Coffee but never tasted it. When next in Leeds, try going down Call Lane to La Bottega Milanese - Google for their web site. A really delicious own Coffee blend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've been there and i agree it is really delicious coffee, i havent been in ages, think i need to make another effort to go back. i also really like opposite in victoria quarter (i think)some of the filter coffees they have are just beautiful.

    thanks for commenting, im quite enjoying this blogging thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not far away from me. :) I will try to remember when I am around. I hope to see some more interesting places.

    ReplyDelete