Tuesday 17 May 2011

Oaty Rum Cookies

After a long day of dealing with 12 year olds, I fancied chilling out with some easy baking. I was debating about what to make when I remembered I had left sultanas soaking overnight in spiced rum to make cookies...2 weeks ago. So I thought I'd better use them...








Ingredients
100g Butter
100g Golden Caster Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Tsp of Cinnamon
100g Rolled oats
100g Wholemeal flour
1.5 tsp Baking powder
100g Sultanas (soaked in 25ml of spiced rum for a few hours/overnight/2 weeks)

Method
Beat the sugar into the butter with an electric whisk until fluffy.
Beat in the cinnamon and eggs.
In another bowl, mix together the flour, oats, sultanas and baking powder.
Add to the butter mixture and mix together.
Drop heaped dessert spoonfuls, or a tablespoon if want big ones, onto a greased baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 160C
Cool on the tray for a minute or two then transfer to a cooling rack.
Serve with.....do I really have to finish this sentence?

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. I promised to make biscuits for work 2 weeks ago and still haven't, feeling like a bad baker at the moment! These look lovely, I could eat one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of soaking the raisins in rum. Oaty/raisiny biscuits are always great but I bet this makes them something special.

    ReplyDelete